Thursday, October 16, 2008

A diagnosis... finally... well, kind of sort of but not really...

Yep, ... the official pathology is back...

Officially, on Sloan's final pathology report, this is an unclassifiable tumor. Apparently, they can't classify/identify it based on the health organization tumor standards. They do know, however, that, under the microscope, this does not look to be a high grade malignant tumor. I am so thankful for that, but so upset and worried that they can't figure out what this is. Since all central nervous system tumors are dangerous the oncologist has told me that they don't classify them malignant or benign, but as high grade malignant and low grade tumors. So, it looks like we are dealing with a low grade tumor. Now, our next step is to figure out how to get rid of this tumor that is in Mike...

So, tomorrow Mike & I have to go into Sloan to talk to the Dr to figure out what we are going to do treatment wise. I will update you all tomorrow when we get back from Manhattan and hopefully we will have some direction to go in treatment wise. I am bringing my mom and my aunt with me. My aunt can take Mike to the play room while Mom and I try to make sense out of all that the Dr is saying so that I can make the most informed decision possible that will be the best for Mike.

Thank you to all of you for being so wonderful! I really appreciate all of the support more than you know. I am sorry that I haven't been great at getting back to you all. I will be posting pics of Mike tonight... he looks great but is still not acting like himself or walking and playing like himself yet. So, pease keep those prayers coming... I will update you all when we get back from Manhattan tomorrow...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

luv u mama {{{hugs}}}

Dessa said...

I am so very sorry Mikey and your family is having to go through this horrible thing. Things like this should not happen to anyone--much less our babies. Hang in there, Sweetie.

Andersen Family said...

Praying for you guys. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Janet

Jennifer said...

Hi there. I found your blog from Dysfunctional Mom, and although I only read this first post, I just wanted to let you know that I can't even imagine what you are going through.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm really hoping for the best news possible for your family.
i'm trying to type this and get my kids in bed all at the same time... so I guess if I go and put them in bed, then I might be able to come back and read more tonight... if not then I will try to come back tomorrow.

I hope you have the best night that you could possibly have. God Bless Mike and all of you.

((((((HUGS))))))

xoxoxo

Kay said...

Still praying with a hopeful heart!

{{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

call if you need anything. I'm not that far from you.
6095589539

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

How frustrating!