Friday, March 27, 2009

Mike's GI appointment

Well everyone, we had the GI appointment yesterday. I was a wreck going in because MSKCC jumped the gun and said to be prepared for feeding tube talk. I was so relieved when a feeding tube didn't even come up yet. The Drs and nutritionist at NY Presbyterian were wonderful! They were so easy to talk to actually listened. They offered advice and gave me tips on how to get Mike to eat better and more.

We have to run a bunch of tests, allergy testing for milk and soy and a whole lot of stool samples. Thankfully they agreed to let us wait until Tuesday when Mike needs to be accessed at MSKCC to get the blood drawn for the testing. I also need to keep a 3 day feeding diary and they gave me trials of a couple of some supplements to add to Mike's food so that we can get added calories into him. Don't get me wrong, I know that if the tests don't come back with good results we will probably have to re-visit the feeding tube discussion but for now, it is on the back burner. And I am very comfortable with that.

Matt is heading down today so that I can go to a school fundraiser tonight. Katie is thrilled to get some Daddy & Katie time... she has already asked if she can stay up later so that she and Daddy can hang out since I'm not going to be home and after Mike goes to bed! :)

Well, that's all for now! Thank you all for checking in!!

Have a wonderful weekend and please keep those prayers coming!! :)

Love,
Chrissie

0 comments: